Friday, June 13, 2008

Something Japanese














I decided to add a little Japanese feature to the terrace: a small Japanese garden to break down the traditional arrangement of the terrace. I am not sure what the feed-back will be, because something like this in Bled can be considered too bold. I can always say it’s just some rocks and stones, but you never know if it will be pleasing. Most of our regular guests will come in July and they will be sure to tell me whether or not they like it.

Being a director of the best hotel in what is considered the prime tourist location in the country can have its up-s and down-s. One of the down-s is certainly the fact that everything I do is under a tight scrutiny of the local public with its own perception of what is wrong and what is right. The unorthodox is usually considered as wrong and standard-classical as right. Not that is ever stopped me from doing what I really wanted to do. I am a bit stubborn. Only a bit. A little bit.

No comments: