Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bled, Summer of 1936


I like to collect old photos and materials of Grand Hotel Toplice. This year I even managed to produce a small historical gallery made of copies of postcards send from Grand Hotel Toplice in the 20th century and its predecessor Louisenbad in the 19th century. The sources of such materials are different. Some come from private collectors and some from hotel archives. This summer the most amazing thing happened. I was approached by Mr. Yoetz Deutsch, who showed me a photo taken in 1936, showing his family on vacation in Bled. And in the background you can clearly see Grand Hotel Toplice, only 5 years after it was built. With the courtesy and permission of Mr. Deutsch, I am publishing this photo today on my blog site. Thank you dear Mr. Deutsch for sharing such a wonderful family souvenir with me!

No comments: