Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Painting



Our guests are very special people, and one of them is even more special. Mrs. Norma Hathaway, our regular guest from Great Britain is an artist in her free time and this year she has finished a wonderful painting of Grand Hotel Toplice which she donated to Asmir. Here is a photo of her with Mr. Hathaway and Asmir and on the wall behind them you can see her beautiful painting. Next time when you come to Grand Hotel Toplice on your way to Grand Restaurant, make sure that you stop and look at it. You will be amazed by all the details Mrs. Hathaway has drawn. It is clearly a work of art made by love and appreciation.

I often say how proud I am of my staff. This is a time to say that I am also proud that we have such accomplished guests as Mrs. Hathaway.

1 comment:

Norma Hathaway said...

Dear Petra,
Thank you for your very kind comments. When Asmir asked me in July to paint a lakeside view of Toplice it felt special but very challenging as time was not on my side. I have never thought of myself as an artist, just a lady who loves painting.

Peoples' reactions as we arrived in September with the painting half finished were amazing. I became very involved with the picture, it came from my heart and I tried to portray over thirty years of very happy memories and the wonderful friendships we have enjoyed. When Arthur and I saw it hanging near the restaurant we were overwhelmed, it had been beautifully framed and we loved it.

I am so proud that it hangs in our "Beautiful Toplice". My thanks go to those who made it possible and to you all for your support and encouragement and the superb facilities afforded me. It has been a simply exquisite and magical experience.

Kindest Regards
Norma Hathaway