Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Letters

Nowadays, we tend to communicate via e-mail, SMS, blog and other modern means that require advance technological equipment and hardly any effort from the side of the writer. The language of such communication is poor and very little emotions are put into it. For that reason I can not tell you how happy I am every time I receive a proper letter via ordinary mail. With a nice stamp on a really nice paper, preferably in blue, green or yellow colour. My sincere thanks to Mrs. H.W., Mrs. H.P. and Mrs. N.H. that regularly supply me with news by mailing them to me using Royal mail. Even opening of such a classical letter is an adventure by itself. The smell, the feel of paper under one’s fingers can not be compared to receiving an e-mail. I always write my letters in ink with a pen. It seems that the words flow more easily onto the paper when I use ink. Besides it reminds me of the early years in school when we had to use ink pens. The only problem is that with age, one tends to change his/her handwriting into sometimes illegible mess. Therefore a danger of a hand written letter is that it will not be understood properly. But then again sometimes even typed letters are misunderstood for many reasons beyond illegibility.

No comments: