Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Maya Plisetskaya and Rodion Shchedrin






Very few times in my life have I been so honored and privileged to meet someone as I have been today. Russian Prima ballerina assoluta Mrs. Maya Plisetskaya and Mr. Rodion Shchedrin, a Russian composer visited Grand Hotel Toplice today. It was my great pleasure to be able to talk to them both. I admired their elegance, kindness and their genuine interest in all things new. I was truly honored that they both signed our book of guests as you can see on attached photos.

Mrs. Plisetskaya, has made a huge impression on the ballet world at the Bolshoi Theatre and also Rome Opera Ballet and Spanish National Ballet. Mr. Shchedrin is not just a composer but also an excellent pianist. Their mutual co-operation has been shown in wonderful ballets such as Anna Karenina.

The host of their visit was Mrs. Barbara Miklič Türk, first lady of Slovenia

1 comment:

Mark Cleveland, Albuquerque, NM said...

Marvelous! Thank you for sharing these amazing photos! Two of my favorite artists and they have to be the most elegant couple in existence. Have you seen her compilation DVD with interviews of the two of them? Beautiful! Thank you!