Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The begining



Introduction:


To start writing this blog I must first do some introduction of both the hotel and myself. Since the name of the blog is Manager's Blog - Grand Hotel Toplice, this naturally suggests that I am the manager of a hotel. Not just any hotel, but a rather special place. Grand Hotel Toplice, a five star hotel, built in 1931 is located on a shore of Lake Bled. Lake Bled looks like from a fairy tale and so does our Hotel. Or should I say, my Hotel? I am very much emotionally attached to this beautiful place. Back to the hotel: 1931 was a good year to build it since the architecture of that time seems to last forever and never looses its charm. There were several renovations made since, and the last one took place in 2002. Hotel has 87 rooms, 3 restaurants, a bar, wellness center and its own boat house and lido. Luckily my Hotel is more than just its wonderful walls. Grand Hotel Toplice are also fantastic employees, who speak several languages, are dedicated to their work and are proud to say: I work at Grand Hotel Toplice.

And myself? My name is Petra Vengust, currently 36 years old and have graduated in economics and I have a post graduate certificate from hotel management at Les Roches in Switzerland. I have been managing this hotel since January 2007.

Enough for the first time. Bye!

No comments: