Monday, May 12, 2008

More about the hotel and people

Yesterday, we had a film crew in the hotel, filming for a promotional video. Luckily the weather was really beautiful and they were able to do some great work. Anze loved the actress hired to play the role of the guest. He said that she was absolutely gorgeous. (He even got her phone number!) Now I absolutely have to explain who Anze is. Anze Cerne is Rooms Division Manager which means that he is responsible for 3 departments: front office, housekeeping and wellness. He is my second right hand in the hotel, very young but very capable. My first right hand is Asmir. Asmir Jusufagic is Food & Beverage Manager and he is responsible for the kitchen, 3 restaurants and 2 bars. Asmir is one of the most knowledgeable people in the F&B field in Slovenia and I am really happy that he works here.
We have a new boat in the boat house. I know it doesn't sound like much, but these boats are actually built to last for 30-40 years, and it takes ages before they can be replaced with new ones. We had a lot of fun deciding how to name the boat. Romana, head of wellness center, wanted me to name it after one of our regular guests, but I couldn't decide which one, since I like them all very much and it wouldn't be fair to choose only one of them. So now we have a boat with no name, we will just give it a number.

No comments: