Monday, May 19, 2008

Decisions



A part of my job is making decisions regarding different things, no matter how strange they may sound. I have decided to write down a few decisions I had to make recently:

1. What type and colour of flowers shall we plant in flower pots on the terrace?
2. How long will the new skirts for service staff be?
3. How many new lounge chairs for the lido do we buy this year?

If you read the above my jobs suddenly seems quite trivial and easy to do, but this kind of decisions are actually just a part of a big picture called managing a hotel.

In case you were wondering how I decided, here it goes:
Ad 1: I chose blue, pink and white for this summer, I hope it will work out!
Ad 2: I decided for 70cm which is quite long and covers 3/4 of legs. Not that I am being puritanical, I just believe that longer skirts are more elegant.
Ad 3: I decided on 10 new ones in addition to 32 that we bought last year. See photo!

No comments: